Established in 2002, the Center serves CSU faculty and public agencies in their work to ensure the literacy development of Californians. A Council of Faculty Representatives and an Advisory Board provide direction for the Center’s activities.
The Faculty Council is made up of one literacy faculty member from each of the 22 campuses that have teacher preparation programs and CalStateTEACH. The Advisory Board consists of several CSU faculty members and representatives from the following public organizations:
- California State Parent Teacher Association
- Association of California School Administrators
- California School Boards Association
- Curriculum and Instruction Steering Committee of California County Superintendents Educational Services Association
- California Department of Education
- California Reading Association